Terms & Conditions
Who is Tiny Marketplace?
- We are Tiny Marketplace Ltd.
- Our registered office is Unit 1 & 2 Bluebell Business Estate, Sheffield Park, Uckfield, East Sussex. We are a limited company registered in England & Wales with company number 12578158.
How can I contact Tiny Marketplace?
- You can find out more information about how to contact us here.
When I buy from the Tiny Marketplace website, who is my contract with?
- Tiny Marketplace operates as a web marketplace allowing third party sellers to advertise and sell products and services direct to you.
- When you purchase from the Tiny Marketplace, the legal contract is between you and the relevant seller of the items you’ve ordered. You will be given the contact details of the seller on the product information page relating to the products which you wish to order; such, and these details beingwill be confirmed to you in the despatch confirmation email if your order is accepted by such seller. acknowledgment email.
- Tiny Marketplace is not itself the seller of any products or services advertised on the Tiny Marketplace.
When is my contract formed?
- Your contract with the seller is formed when you receive a despatch notification frompayment is taken from your account by Tiny Marketplace, and not at the time you place your order. We’ve explained in the next few sections the process that takes place when assessing your order, and before the contract is formed between you and the seller.
- When you place an order on the Tiny Marketplace, we check with the seller that the relevant product(s)/service(s) are in stock, there are no pricing errors on the Tiny Marketplace nor any problems with the payment details you provided, and you have passed anti-fraud, credit and security checks.
- We really do try to make sure all images and details of the items appearing on Tiny Marketplace are accurate at the time you place your order. We don’t always get it right though, and this sometimes means your order cannot be accepted. If your order cannot be accepted for any reason, we will let you know why by email as soon as reasonably practicable, and you will not be charged.
When will my chosen payment method get charged?
- When your order is accepted by the seller, your chosen payment method will be charged. Tiny Marketplace collects payment for the products you order on the seller’s behalf acting as ‘merchant of record’, which means that you will see ‘Tiny Marketplace’ identified on your card or payment account statement in relation to your purchase.
- If you order products from Tiny Marketplace for delivery to certain countries, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes. Neither we nor the seller has any control over these charges, and the delivery company will usually leave you instructions on how to pay these charges.
I’ve changed my mind. When and how can I cancel my order?If you’ve changed your mind you can cancel and (where appropriate) return your order:
- at any time before you receive your order dispatch confirmation emailwe take payment from your account for the goods; or
- at any time during the 14 calendar days from the day after the date the products were delivered. If your order was delivered in multiple batches, and/or from different sellers, then this timeframe starts on the day after the last item in your order from the relevant seller was delivered to you.
- You will not be able to cancel your order if your item is perishable, personalised, unsealed digital media or cannot be returned for hygiene reasons.
- If you cancel because you’ve changed your mind, you will receive a refund of the price paid for the products plus any applicable standard delivery charges (but not any enhanced or premium delivery charges). Please make sure you return the product unused, in the same condition you received it, as well as all the packaging and included accessories, but nothing else!
- Your refund can be reduced if you’ve changed your mind and can’t manage to meet the return requirements above, or if you have used the item more than you would be able to in a shop when deciding whether to buy it and it is no longer in a resaleable condition.
- You can cancel your order by emailing [email protected] or by calling us on 01825 725083. We will also, if applicable, then provide you with instructions on how to return the product. Your order will be cancelled at the time your cancellation request is received, and you’ll need to return the products within 14 calendar days of your cancellation. We will then provide you with instructions on how to return the product. .
- You’ll usually receive your refund within 14 days of the returned product being received back from you, or within 14 days of your cancellation notice if the products haven’t been dispatched yet.
What to do if a productyour order is faulty?
- Within 30 days of delivery of the product/service: If a product/service you have ordered from Tiny Marketplace develops a fault, is incorrectly described or not of satisfactory quality, you have a right to a refund. You can also request an exchange. You need to tell us about any problems like this within thirty (30) days from the day after the date of the delivery of that product/service to you. Once the product has been returned, it will be checked and, provided the seller agrees that it is faulty, you will be refunded the price of the faulty product/service along with the delivery charges you paid.
- Between 30 days and six months after delivery of the product/service: If a product/service you have ordered from Tiny Marketplace develops a fault after 30 days of delivery, but less than six months after delivery, you will usually be offered a repair and/or the re-performance of relevant services. If suchthe repair/re-performance cannot be completed then you may be offered a replacement instead of a repair. If the repair or replacement provided has not resolved the problem, you can require a partial refund of the price you paid for the product, or reject the product and seek a refund.
- How to return a faulty product. You can return your order by emailing [email protected] or by calling us on 01825 725083. We will then provide you with instructions on how to us by email or post. return the product. You’ll need to return the products using the instructions provided within 14 calendar days of your cancellation. We will then provide you with instructions on how to return the product.
- What can’t you return? Products with problems caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear can’t be returned and won’t be covered by the seller’s warranty. Also, if you return something which isn’t actually faulty, the product may be returned to you at your expense or, if you fail to pay suchthe return costs, otherwisewill be disposed of. You will not be able to return any item that is perishable, personalised, or cannot be returned for hygiene reasons.
- Personalised items. We are not responsible in the event the personalisation requests you submit to us include spelling errors, typos or any other kind of mistake. We will personalise items in accordance with the exact instructions you give to us. You will not be entitled to any refunds, returns or exchanges, unless the personalisation fault has been made by us or the seller.
- Delivery. Please note all delivery times given to you are estimates only and we do not guarantee that your goods will be delivered in any particular time period. We will not be responsible in the event you pay for faster delivery and this is not fulfilled by our sellers or delivery partners.
- Statutory rights. You will always have statutory rights in relation to products that are faulty, damaged or not as described. Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms.
- What happens if these Terms are breached? If these Terms are breached, either we or the relevant seller (as the case may be) are responsible for:
- the proportion of the foreseeable loss or damage you suffered to the extent caused by us or the relevant seller (as the case may be); or
- failing to use reasonable care and skill.
Neither we nor any seller is responsible for any loss or damage that is not “foreseeable”. By “foreseeable”, we mean either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, we both knew it might happen.
- We don’t exclude or limit our/ a seller’s responsibility to you to the extent it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by us or a seller’s negligence, fraud, or breach of your consumer rights.
- Products are for domestic and private use only. Neither we nor any seller will have any responsibility to compensate you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of earnings, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. If you use our site in a business capacity in breach of these terms, then to the extent permitted by law we will not have any responsibility to you.
- Where you provide us with data. We will only hold data you provide to us for the purposes it was given to us in the first place, for example, this may be for the personalisation of goods. You must not provide us with any data or content that is harmful, derogatory, defamatory or pornographic. We may cancel any orders which do not meet these requirements and will not be responsible to you if we do.
- What laws apply to these Terms? These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- Complaints handling. If you are not happy with how we or any seller have handled any complaint, you may want to submit the dispute to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform, for online resolution by an independent body.
Changes to these Terms. As Tiny Marketplace grows and improves, we might have to make changes to these Terms. We will do this by uploading the latest version with a date confirming when they went live. The new Terms will not affect any orders placed prior to the time of go-live of any new Terms, but will apply to future orders placed after the time of such new Terms.
These terms were last updated on 6th July 2020.